cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lpc11c14 ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rcazalis on Mon Jul 19 02:56:03 MST 2010
Hi,

I've already asked this question in an other thread but never got an answer:
When will the LPC11C14 (with CAN bus) be supported by LPCXpresso?

I was wondering if I could proceed this way:
- add the CAN registers in the lpc11xx.h file (not that hard)
- compile and program autonomously.

OK, I won't be able to debug with LPC-Link but I've got an UART and can do my own deubgging (like in the olden days!!!)

So the other question is : can I program a non-supported chip or will the programmer give me an error message?

Thanks in advance.

PS for NXP or Code Red: If you're looking for a beta for your next release that supports the LPC11C14; I'd be happy to help :D
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rcazalis on Wed Aug 25 10:59:21 MST 2010
Yep, thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kendwyer on Wed Aug 25 10:49:30 MST 2010
LPC11C14 is now supported by the LPCXpresso tool
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Jul 20 02:08:46 MST 2010
The current release of LPCXPresso will not connect to an LPC11C14, so you would not be able to program this flash.

However we would indeed be interested in having you beta the LPC11C support in the next release - please contact us using the "email:support" link at:

http://www.code-red-tech.com/contact.php

Regards,
CodeRedSupport.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rcazalis on Mon Jul 19 06:00:23 MST 2010
Thanks CodeRedSupport.

I found the new LPC11xx.h file, great.

and what about the capability of programming an 11C14 if I changed chip on my LPCXpresso board?
Would I get an error message if I try to program as a standalone app?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Jul 19 03:56:25 MST 2010
I'm afraid that I cannot comment on the actual date of the release of the next version of LPCXpresso IDE, other than that we currently expect this to be within a few weeks rather than a few months.

With regards to an updated version of CMSIS, I've just noticed that NXP already appear to have a copy of the updated version with CAN added available in the LPC11 "Monitor Stack Usage Example V1.1 (Jul 14, 2010)" zip file available at: http://ics.nxp.com/support/lpcxpresso/. Note that the standalone LPC11 CMSIS zip file available on that page still has a previous version of the CMSIS project though.

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos