Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started....

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dmorton on Sat Feb 02 14:38:07 MST 2013
So I just received my LPCXpresso 1769 board, and also the base board.

Ive managed to get the Code Red IDE up and running, and connecting the USB cable to the LPCXpresso 1769 CPU board, but not plugging the CPU board into the base board, I have successfully deployed some basic code to the CPU board, and debugged it. I see a blinking light as I step through the code, so the LPC-LINK seems to be working fine.

When I plug the CPU board into the base board, with the USB cable to the ST-LINK side, things get screwy. No lights come on on the CPU board, and the base board doesnt light up like it does when the USB cable is plugged into it. When I try to deploy code to the CPU board, I get messages that the LPC-LINK has failed.

I guess I am wondering if I need two USB cables, one to power the base board, and one to connect to the LPC-LINK on the CPU board?
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dmorton on Sun Feb 03 18:25:19 MST 2013
Go to File->Import

Then you see a bunch of Import options

Choose General -> Existing Projects into Workspace
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tarik1985 on Sun Feb 03 07:47:19 MST 2013
hello dmorton, i'm a beginer with lpc1769 and i want to import library code for my project CANbus.
thank you
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by serge on Sat Feb 02 20:28:44 MST 2013
Actualy it depends on the USB port of the pc. Some pc's dont allow the maximum current of 0.5 A.
So the best practise is to use a self powered USB hub between the pc and the base board.
This works here perfectly.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dmorton on Sat Feb 02 16:11:19 MST 2013
Section 3.3 says "Technically any of all three can be used to power the system, but the main power source is however the USB-to-UART bridge."

I got another USB cable, and got the demo apps going.

I guess the answer is "yes, you need two cables"
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cfb on Sat Feb 02 15:37:37 MST 2013
Refer to section 3.3 "Board Powering" in the LPCXpresso Base Board User's Guide. If you haven't already got this manual, download a copy from "Documentation and Resources" on Embedded Artists' website:

http://www.embeddedartists.com/products/lpcxpresso/xpr_base.php
0 Kudos