lpcware

SCT on LPC824

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sanders7284 on Tue Oct 13 07:41:42 MST 2015
Hello, I am having some trouble geting a capture compare to run using the SCT,

I think the problem my be linked to the pin assignment but have included the full init of the SCT below,

Event 0 the 400uS match and reload aspect is working perfectly it is event 1 and the capture funtion that are not, no IRQ is generated.

//TIMER_INIT -------------------------------------------------------------------
void TIMER_INIT()
{
  //setup ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Chip_Clock_EnablePeriphClock(SYSCTL_CLOCK_SCT);
  Chip_SYSCTL_PeriphReset(RESET_SCT); // Initialize the SCT clock and reset the SCT
  Chip_SCT_Config(SCT_CONFIG_32BIT_COUNTER | SCT_CONFIG_CLKMODE_BUSCLK); // Configure the SCT counter as a unified (32 bit) counter using the bus clock
  LPC_SCT->REGMODE_L = 0x0002; //0 is match, 1 is capcom

//set 0 to be 400uS sample timer for bit measuring ---------------------------
  Chip_SCT_SetMatchCount(SCT_MATCH_0, SystemCoreClock / TICKRATE_HZ); // Set the match count for match register 0
  Chip_SCT_SetMatchReload(SCT_MATCH_0, SystemCoreClock / TICKRATE_HZ); // Set the match reload value for match reload register 0
  LPC_SCT->EVENT[0].CTRL = (1 << 12); // Event 0 only happens on a match condition
  LPC_SCT->EVENT[0].STATE = 0xFFFFFFFF; // Event 0 happens in all states
  LPC_SCT->LIMIT_L = 0x0001; /// Event 0 is used as the counter limit (each bit relates to an event bit 0 for event 0)

//set 1 to be capture compare for falling edge -------------------------------
  LPC_SCT->EVENT[1].STATE = 0xFFFFFFFF; // Event 1 only happens in state 0
  LPC_SCT->CAPCTRL[1].U = 0x00000001;  //Event 1
  LPC_SCT->EVENT[1].CTRL = (2 << 10) | (2 << 12); //set IOCOND to falling edge capture & set COMBMODE to IO condition only

Chip_Clock_EnablePeriphClock(SYSCTL_CLOCK_SWM); // Enable SWM clock before altering SWM
  Chip_SWM_MovablePinAssign(SWM_SCT_IN0_I, 23);    //assigne p0.23 to link to IN0 for capcom.
  Chip_Clock_DisablePeriphClock(SYSCTL_CLOCK_SWM); // Disable SWM clock after altering SWM

//go timer -------------------------------------------------------------------
  Chip_SCT_EnableEventInt(SCT_EVT_0); // Enable flag to request an interrupt for Event 0
  Chip_SCT_EnableEventInt(SCT_EVT_1); // Enable flag to request an interrupt for Event 1
  NVIC_EnableIRQ(SCT_IRQn); // Enable the interrupt for the SCT
  NVIC_SetPriority(SCT_IRQn, 3);
  Chip_SCT_ClearControl(SCT_CTRL_HALT_L); // Start the SCT counter by clearing Halt_L in the SCT control register
}
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers Sanders

Outcomes