Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device is not rcognized when a Aardvark slave is connected to I2C2 pins

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jam on Thu Apr 30 10:00:42 MST 2015
Hi,
I am working with LPC54102 Xpresso V2 board. I am facing a problem that device is not recognized by J-link when I have connected a slave(Aardvark) with I2C2 pins.I see this message on J-link Commander
"No device found on FINE interface.
Did not find any core.
No device found at all. Selecting JTAG as default target interface."

When I disconnect the Aardvark then device is recognized. I see this message on J-link Commander
"Info: TPIU fitted.
Info: ETM fitted.
Cortex-M4 identified.
Target interface speed: 100 kHz"

Also in the above use case, In case of Xpresso IDE, I am able to load using red link server but auto execution from flash does not take place when I terminate the launch or reset the target.

I do not face this problem when Aardvark is connected to I2c0 or i2c1 pins.
It seems me problem with hardware, Can any help out?

Thanks
Jam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Wed May 06 08:34:16 MST 2015
Hi Jam,

Just for clarity, can you perform these steps to put the MCU into ISP mode and tell me what you see?

1) Unpower the board and disconnect the Aardvark.
2) Hold down the ISP pin (SW2) while plugging in power to the USB port (J4 if you are using an external J-Link).
3) Use J-Link Commander to see if it can detect the core. From your first post it sounds like you should be able to.
4) If the core was successfully detected, please repeat steps 1-3 with the exception of connecting the Aardvark in step one.

After step 4, does J-Link Commander detect the core?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jam on Sun May 03 22:36:51 MST 2015
Hi, Thanks for reply.
I could not understand what are you referring by software on the MCU!
I tried to put MCU in ISP mode by pressing SW2 while resetting the target but this does not help.
Thanks,
Jam
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Fri May 01 08:50:24 MST 2015
Hi jam,

What software is on the MCU (irrespective of whether the Aardvark is connected to the LPC54102 or not)? If it is a hardware issue, you should be able to change the software and recreate the issue. Have you tried putting the MCU into ISP mode and connecting the Aardvark?
0 Kudos