cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RamLoc8? `RamLoc8' overflowed by 500 bytes

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CidVilas on Fri May 09 17:38:33 MST 2014
Im using the uCXpresso Mini11U37 from Amazon.com.  Also running LPCXpresso FREE edition.

So i have a bit of code. Literally a bit!  I have an array i am setting up as such, and getting the following error:

unsigned char life[50];
-- region `RamLoc8' overflowed by 500 bytes

I modified the code below and noted the increase in overflow after:

unsigned char life[128];
-- region `RamLoc8' overflowed by 652 bytes
152 bytes more

unsigned char life[450];
-- region `RamLoc8' overflowed by 1300 bytes
648 bytes more

Why is it that when i add another char to the array i get about 2 bytes overflow?!  Isnt a CHAR supposed to be a single byte?
This is a very small bit of code i had running successfully on an arduino with much less available memory.  Why is this chip choking?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat May 10 07:45:42 MST 2014
I would also suggest looking at the map file generated by the linker. This may give you some clues as the what is being pulled into your image, and hence why you are running out of memory.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sat May 10 01:44:29 MST 2014
Well, obviously something else is going on, as an unsigned char occupies 1 byte. Suggest you post your project so we can help you.
0 Kudos