cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# of PWM outputs using SCT COUTx

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by damihuang on Wed May 04 23:21:43 MST 2016
Hi,

I am using LPC4337's SCT to generate PWM outputs, in my application, I need 12 PWM outputs with adjustable duty cycle. However, I found although 4337 has 16 COUTx, but 8 PWM outputs is the max it can do. Is my understanding correct?

Damihuang
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by damihuang on Mon May 09 20:36:39 MST 2016
Starblue, Rodri,

Thank you so much, we got the #of PWMs we need!

Damihuang
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rodri on Thu May 05 04:11:27 MST 2016
Hi,

Also you can use Timers, you have 4 timers each one with 4 Match registers. Use first 3 matches to configure the falling (or rising) edge of GPIOs (for example), and the 4th to perform a timer counter reset and raising (or falling) edge of all the 3 signals. Then you have 3 PWM per timer, with 4 timers, it gives you 12 pwm signals. You can use Match register 4 to define the frequency of the 3 signals of each timer.

regards
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Thu May 05 00:56:00 MST 2016
Take a look at the SCT/PWM cookbook (AN11538).
Since you can get a four-channel PWM with 5 events and 5 match registers (the 6th event in the example is just for abort), I would assume that you can get up to 15 PWMs from the LPC43xx SCT.
0 Kudos