cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc4330 does not appear in Device Manager when connecting through USB

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mkasouza on Sun Apr 10 19:45:46 MST 2016
I just received a new LPC4330-Xplorer and am trying to verify the peripherals by following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide.

I connected the USB1 port on the LPC4330 to my computer (Windows 7, 64bit).
The LPC4330 is powered (LEDs turn on), but does not appear in the Device Manager so I'm unable to install the VCOM drivers. What could be causing this issue?

I confirmed that the USB cable is fine, and have also tried on a 64-bit windows 8 machine with same results

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Mon Apr 11 02:37:04 MST 2016
The Xplorer board maybe has a blinky example loaded as default software, but no USB demo. This means that you are connected physically to the LPC4330 with USB1, but there is no software running which would give you any type of USB demo (HID, mass storage etc.)
So you need to download a USB virtual com port software example first. You can do this with a JTAG/SWD debugger or you use the DFU bootmode of the LPC4330 to program the software using the USB connection (see link below).

https://www.lpcware.com/lpcscrypt#download

Regards,
NXP Support Team
0 Kudos