lpcware

Bootloaders Question for phyCORE®-LPC3250 Rapid Development Kit for WinCE

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rcsison on Tue Jul 10 09:00:00 MST 2012
After erasing at least part of our NAND flash accidentally, I made some headway being able to use LPC3250 loader tool to have some ability to use Stage 1 loader capability to load custom NK.bin runtime images for our WinCE-based system. The info from Mr. Wells below was valuable:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpc32x0-cdl-boot-loaders/lpc32x0-s1l/kickstart-build-example

I do have some questions, though:

1) I'm still a bit lost as to the exact way to load the stage1.bin and kickstart.bin files that came with our Adeneo BSP--so that they will execute completely without intervention of the LPC3250 loader tool. Just by rebooting the device. There are JTAG instructions with the BSP, but I am also hoping that we truly can do it completely through the serious port (UART5).
2) When I've tried different stage1.bin's, we lose capability, obviously. (Such as Active Sync.) I believe that from the info that have I read that the initializations are customized for kickstart.bin and stage1.bin--such as for including Active Sync or not. Is this true?

I'm stuck, and can use some help...

Thanks

rcsison

Outcomes