How to use SIPIFI Data or dynamic external memory to flash the image and debug?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use SIPIFI Data or dynamic external memory to flash the image and debug?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jaatvishal on Wed May 28 00:24:54 MST 2014
Hi,

I have a MCB1800 board with LPC1850 chip. I have ran/debugged the MSC example successfully.
But, When I try to debug my 129kB size program I am not able to build/debug, I get the following error when try to build:

c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_7.1.1_125/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: program.axf section `.bss' will not fit in region `RamLoc96'
c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_7.1.1_125/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `RamLoc96' overflowed by 132656 bytes

So I think I need more space in memory to build this program. So how I can access the more memory?, so that I can build and debug my program successfully.

I have attached the MCU settings, Which I am using.

Thanks & reagrds,
Vishal Chaudhary

Original Attachment has been moved to: MCUSettingsconfiguration.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jaatvishal on Thu May 29 00:39:03 MST 2014
I have tried using flash also. But when I debug the following error msg is occured.

No source available for "(gdb[5].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[5].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"

I am using KEIL ULINK2 for debug connection.

I am using the following flash driver and MCU Configuration.

LPC18_43_SPIFI_8MB_64KB.cfx

LPC1850A_SPIFIflash.xml

I have also set the Jumpers to boot from SIPIFI;

P2_9 P2_8 P1_2 P1_1 : LOW LOW LOW HIGH

Is there any setting which I need to enable?

The debug Logs are attached.

Thanks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Wed May 28 21:40:01 MST 2014
Hi Vishal,
The RAM in LPC1850 is 200KB, however, this RAM is not contiguous. So, you will have to place code explicitly in different blocks of the RAM.

My question is why do you want to execute from RAM?  You can directly execute from external flash.
0 Kudos