Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access SDMMC as a storage media from PC thru USB using LPC1800

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ChewTP on Wed Oct 15 02:45:21 MST 2014
Hi I need some help here . I would like to implement SDMMC as a Mass storage device media when connected to the PC . I am looking at the msc_ram and perish_sdmmc examples in the LPCOpen . Same examples that you are looking . I would like to implement read , write , change directory , rename in the SDMMC card when view from PC .

I think using the USBD ROM driver in the mass storage class , they only have translate_wr , translate_rd , verify ..etc but with just these two callback function , how can I implement those functionn like change directory , rename delete , copy ...etc

Maybe it can implement read and write but to use it like a normal storage device , it is more than just read and write . Any idea how to do that .
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JM_Romero on Tue Nov 18 10:18:38 MST 2014
Hi ChewTP.

If you are looking for using the microcontroller, as a transparent device, such as when you connect it to the PC, your system detect the SD/MMC card as a card and nothing else, then I would recommend you to modify the example found in http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/MicroSD%20card.zip.

In this example the PC detects the usb0 as mass storage device, and usb1 as a sound interface. By removing the sound interface related libraries and code, you should be able to use the microcontroller as a card reader.

Regards,

JM_Romero.
0 Kudos