cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the Binary image, map file of USB demos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vamshig51 on Thu Jun 09 02:46:31 MST 2016
Dear Team,

I have downloaded the code for USB demos of LPC1837, I am able to compile it successfully, binary image generated ngx_xplorer_1830_lpcusblib_DualDeviceAudioMSC.axf is of size 850.4KB but the same binary image file that is provided with SD_CARD_DATA/Demo image/LPCXpresso/ngx_xplorer_1830_lpcusblib_DualDeviceAudioMSC.axf is of size 3.6MB.

Whats the reason why the binary image I generated after compilation from source is less in size when compared with pre-built demo image shared.

I am using LPCXpresso free edition.

Thanks & Regards,
Vamshi G.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vamshig51 on Thu Jun 09 21:29:29 MST 2016
Thanks for the information.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jun 09 07:40:20 MST 2016
The size of the AXF image on disk is not a fair representation of the size of the binary that will be downloaded into the target MCU. For more details see:

https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/application-flash-ram-size

With regards to the projects you are building, I would assume that the differences are due to differing code bases, optimisation levels, and debug information being created.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos