cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3 Solution for LPC1768

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jnewell88 on Thu Jan 10 11:55:25 MST 2013
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting the MP3 player for LPCXpresso running on their MDB1768 board. I have got the GUI up and running, but haven't had any luck with getting an MP3 to play. I looked at the documentation AN11178 pdf and it looks like there is a jumper on the board, but it is very hard to make out in the low quality image. If anyone has any more documentation or information, please post it here.

~Josh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jnewell88 on Fri Jan 11 09:41:57 MST 2013
Thanks for your response,
I found in one of the readme files that it was originally built in an older version LPCXpresso 4.1.5 Build 219.
I installed this version and it runs just fine.
I have found that every minute or so the audio glitches, but continues on. Just sounds like someone pushed pause and play. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the buffer, or maybe the USB drive being used isn't able to keep up.

Thanks,
Josh
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Fri Jan 11 03:07:23 MST 2013
Hi jnewell88,

The SW should work just fine. To be able to help you better, please provide the following information:
- Which version of LPCXpresso are you using?
- Do you use the USB or SD card for storage of the MP3 files?
- You say the GUI is working, so the files on the storage are being displayed?
- Can you select another file using the joystick?
- Did you connect a headphone, or do you use the onboard speaker? For the onboard speaker, dipswitch S2 must be set right (http://www.nxp.com/documents/other/CodeRed_LPC1768_Eval_Board_Schematic.pdf, page 7).

Regards,
Wouter
0 Kudos