cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen and LPC1788 help needed!!

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by williamjsell on Mon May 20 14:57:43 MST 2013

This sounds ridiculous, but for the life of me I cannot get the LPCOpen examples to work with Expresso.  I have looked at the root readme.txt file in the LPCUSBOpen directory, and it does not correlate to the directory structure on disk, so of course importing projects does not work.  If I go to the C:\LPCOpen\lpcopen_v1.03\lpcopen\applications\lpc17xx_40xx\xpresso_projects\ea_devkit_1788\ea_devkit_1788_usblib_device directory and import here, the project does not nothing, and it looks like there are no source files at all in the project.  I have literally no idea what to do to make this all work.  Am I missing something here?  I read the instructions on-line, but these do not seem to address the questions.  FYI, in case anyone reads this and can offer help, I would like to port the USB virtual serial device over to Rowley Crossworks using USB port2.  As a baseline, I want to get the existing code working with Xpresso so I can make sure the hardware is configured correctly.  Striking out on all fronts right now!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by williamjsell on Tue May 21 10:34:01 MST 2013

Thanks DRS, definitely unzipped the files and I am pointing here to try and load the project to build the USB libraries:

C:\lpcopen\software\LPCUSBLib

the "next" button is not enabled, so it cannot find a valid project file.  Based on the readme file instructions:

1. Start up the IDE

2. Choose a workspace folder

3. Click File->Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace->Next

4. Browse to the base of your LPCUSBlib release <strong>(the location of this file)</strong>

5. Click Finish

I should be able to load from here, but it ain't happening!!  Any ideas?

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Tue May 21 09:22:30 MST 2013

Are you importing projects into your workspace from a zip file? If so then this is your problem. The platform does not support importing from a zip file because the project files use virtual links. You can only import from an existing directory. That's right click in the Project Explorer window-&gt;Import ...-&gt;General-&gt;Existing Projects into Workspace. On the Import Projects dialog box I suggest you do not check the "Copy projects into workspace" checkbox.

You will need to position the platform at a location with a relatively short path, like c:\lpcopenv1.03. Some of the branches in the platform tree are very long and unfortunately the command shell in Windows only supports up to 255 characters for the GCC argument list. If the platform starts with a long path, like c:\projects\lpcware\lpcopen_v1.03, then sometimes the command line gets truncated.

0 Kudos