cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LPCXpresso with the EA LPC1788 dev Kit

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jsacerio on Thu Sep 29 19:52:10 MST 2011
I have an Embedded Artists LPC1788 DEV Kit board and the 3.5 TFT LCD and would like to use it with the LPCXpresso by way of the SWD debug connection. Unfortunately, all the examples that come with the EA board are setup for either the IAR or the Keil development environments. I wonder if anyone has already bridged this gap and can give me some pointers on how to proceed. My main interest is in working with the graphics capabilities of he LPC1788.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ktownsend on Thu Dec 15 15:01:42 MST 2011
The CMSIS files are included in the package just to avoid users having to depend on any external dependencies and version conflicts, etc., and to keep everything in one package so that any changes made to the HW config only affect the emWin project.  You may have to deselect the other CMSIS library projects in your workspace before using the emWin example (you can do this by simple right-clicking on them and re-enable them later).
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jsacerio on Mon Oct 03 18:48:37 MST 2011
Hello Marc:

I am sure I will have questions.

Thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jsacerio on Mon Oct 03 18:39:13 MST 2011
usb10185:
Thanks a lot for the port!
I have been able to port some of the examples from the EA board to the LPCxpresso. It is a bit confusing since the instructions call for the CMSIS library to be made part of a new project. I have not used the CMSIS library that comes with examples in the EA board, and I have been having some "unhanded exceptions" issues with examples.
I thought there were no differences between same versions of the CMSIS.
??
Thanks again!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by usb10185 on Mon Oct 03 14:09:00 MST 2011
There is now a LPCXpresso port ready for download here:
http://lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/emwin-installer-lpc1788-ea-board-lpcxpresso-406
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Marc Crandall on Mon Oct 03 10:40:11 MST 2011
So no replies yet...hmm..

Anybody from NXP here who might have some pointers?

I can't help you with your specific setup as I'm not using LPCXpreso but if you have any LCD questions specifically I may be able to help.
0 Kudos