cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data_init won't return

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by justmakeit on Wed Jul 02 07:24:14 MST 2014
Hello,

I'm trying to start my code for the first time in LPCXpresso and my code is stuck in the function data_init (/cr_startup_lpc175x_6x.c). When i step through my code it stops when the function data_init returns to ResetISR(). does anyone know how this is possible?

i'm using the lpc1766
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by justmakeit on Thu Jul 03 23:27:28 MST 2014
Thank you for your support,

My scope to find the problem is much smaller now. I will contact Segger maybe they know the problem.

UPDATE:
I found my problem you have to set the text "monitor reset" in the "initialisation command"
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jul 03 08:11:41 MST 2014
Your program works here - does not hang anywhere, and correctly breaks on main().

Note that I am using LPC-Link and not J-Link. If you want assistance with using J-Link, you will need to contact Segger, or use their forums.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by justmakeit on Thu Jul 03 08:00:06 MST 2014
Thanks for your reaction,

Some tools i use:

devboard: LPC1766-stk Olimex board.
version of LPCXpresso: LPCXpresso v7.1.1 [Build 125] [2014-04-01]
Debug-probe: J-link EDU

I added the project to this reply and a GDB log. (Test_Software.rar)

Regards,
Mark van der Heijden
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jul 03 00:35:43 MST 2014
What board? A standard commercial one or one of your own?

Which version of LPCXpresso?

Which debug probe?

Is this your own code, or some of the standard examples?

And please post the debug log (and gdb traces) from the Console…

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-log

It might also be worth trying to put the MCU into ISP mode before starting your debug connection…

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos