cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uart using JTAG

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Gurudatta Palankar on Mon Dec 21 00:39:57 MST 2015
Hi,
     I'm working on LPC1769. can anyone help me, how to use JTAG for serial communication. How to use TDO and TDI pins of JTAG....
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Mon Dec 21 06:08:32 MST 2015
You have been misled. You can't use JTAG (or SWD) as a replacement for UART. You can use semihosting or the new ITM support to read/write to the debugger console. Why can't you use the LPC17xx built-in UART?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Gurudatta Palankar on Mon Dec 21 03:03:21 MST 2015
Hi,
     I just want to have (UART) serial communication with LPC1769. I'm not able to do via plugging USB to my PC as virtual COM port is not visible in the device manager. Someone said use JTAG's TDO and TDI pins for serial communication... I just want to know how to use them..

Thanks for the reply...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Mon Dec 21 02:02:22 MST 2015
Please explain what it is your are tyring to do. For example, do you want want Semihosting?

Also, see this, just released by NXP in LPCXpresso8
https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/how-use-itm-printf

0 Kudos