Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin memdev animation is very slow / needs too much memory

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by haydnb on Mon Apr 11 23:56:49 MST 2016
I have built up a very simple application with emWin which uses GUI_MEMDEV_MoveIn/MoveOut to periodically show/hide a window containing some basic widgets.
On PC simulation everything runs fine, but on the board the animation is either very slow or the animation as such is not recognizable - there's just a blank screen and the next time it shows up the whole window without any animation in between.
I found out that the more I increase GUI_NUMBYTES in GUIConf.h, the smoother the animation becomes. Currently, the value is 6291456, which I think is very much, but the animation is still too juddery. My problem is, that I don't have more memory available.
Could anyone point me to what I'm missing here? Can it be that there is so much memory needed?

It runs on a Cortex M4, used display driver is GUIDRV_LIN_32, display size 800x480px.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jagsimila on Wed Jun 01 02:17:33 MST 2016
Download free vce dumps with latest practice test questions from dumps4free.com. We are providing you latest pdf exam file of Free SY0-401 VCE to pass it with full success.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jagsimila on Thu May 19 22:48:59 MST 2016
I would assume the board is not well initialized. Please make sure the MCU makes use of a data and instruction cache.
Pass4sure 400-101
0 Kudos