Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed problem with emWin

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Noufal on Thu Oct 08 06:19:02 MST 2015
I have a speed problem with emWin. I have board with a 7 inch 800*480 24bit TFT and the LPC1850(flash less part).The processor and the LCD are connected via 24 lines. But performances are bad. Everything work very slow (Bit map update takes around 5sec for 24bit image ). I have external NOR flash and SPIFI in my board, Processor is running at 180MHZ and SDRAM at 90MHZ, SPIFI 90MHZ.  Images are stored in SPIFI. I'm using triple buffering with SDRAM. What are the recommendations to increase speed
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Noufal on Tue Oct 13 10:03:15 MST 2015
I'm using the Keil along with CMSIS drivers, I'm using 25FL256, In case of booting from SPIFI, I just used the Keil Blinky example and added my files on top of it, no special spifi library  initialization is done since it was a working example, I'm not sure where the SPIFI library is placed in this case, I could not locate the SPIFI library information in the map file. Attached the map file. In this case the MicroLib was enabled in keil. I'm not sure if i boot from SPIFI i have to add a initialization for SPIFI

But when i booted from external NOR flash, I added initialization for SPIFI in my code and the SPIFI lib by default it's in NOR flash
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Tue Oct 13 07:00:00 MST 2015
Are you using LPCOpen or your own S/W package?
Are you placing SPIFI library in internal SRAM?
Which SPIFI device are you using?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Noufal on Mon Oct 12 08:03:17 MST 2015
Hi Mc,
Initially i tried my code to boot from SPIFI, for some reason i was not able to run from SPIFI when ever i load from SPIFI it get to  hard fault , I had some small application running from SPIFI, but when i use the external memory (SDRAM/NOR Flash)  along with SPIFI i'm not able to get it to run. I added another thread here  for that, but after so many trial also did not get that working, then i started use boot from NOR flash and kept the images in SPIFI

Also i tried booting from external NOR and have the code in SPIFI that also getting it to hard fault
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Fri Oct 09 10:50:19 MST 2015
Hi Noufal,
Can you try to run code from SPIFI? Also place most frequently used code in the internal SRAM.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Noufal on Fri Oct 09 10:44:09 MST 2015
MC, Thanks for sharing the details. I tried this today, changed the  EMC and processor at 120MHz. It's improved the performance but not up to the mark in 7inch, my 4.3 inch works much faster than earlier,  The code is running in NOR flash, Please find the attached scatter file

0 Kudos

priyankb
Contributor III

Hi Noufal,

I am doing similar thing. Uploading binary to Nor flash(SST39VF3202) & running program from Nor Flash. I am also using emWin for LCD. My execution speed is very slow & I can't even able to generate a stable timer interrupt of 100 us. Can you suggest any ideas to improve execution speed.

I am using LPC4088 custom board with CPU clock, PCLK, & EMC clock running at 72MHz.(80MHz being limit for EMC)

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Fri Oct 09 07:08:00 MST 2015
Hi Noufal,
Try to run EMC and Core at 120MHz.
Where is the code?  Try to run frequently called functions from SRAM and rest of the code from SPIFI. It should boost performance.
0 Kudos