Retrieving 64-bit IEEE address given a 16-bit network address

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving 64-bit IEEE address given a 16-bit network address

almontr
Contributor I
I am having trouble getting the 64-bit IEEE address given a 16-bit network address.

I am currently sending a packet over the air from an SRB to an NCB. I read the data indication packet for the 16-bit zbNwkAddr_t  aSrcAddr.

I want to look up the 64-bit address of the SRB given that 16-bit address. I read through the documentation  and found the APS_GetIeeeAddress(uint8_t *pNwkAddr) function, but it returns null everytime I pass it aSrcAddr. I looked the function call in the debugger and when it runs that function, in the Source Window it says ApsBindManagement.c not found. I could not find this file anywhere.

Then I read this in the documentation:"Use the ZDP versions of these [APS] functions when communicating to other nodes, or when using ZigBee standard over-the-air formats." So I looked for a ZDP function that would perform this functionality, but couldn't find one. Anyone know of the ZDP equivalent function or am I doing something wrong with the APS function?

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Mads
Contributor V
almontr,

First of all I would recommend that your download and read the ZigBee specification as this would help you under what the different ZDP primitives can do. Go to www.zigbee.org and select the download link to the right.

The APS commands looks in the AddressMap, which is puplated with 16 and 64 bit addresses under certain circomstances.

On of this is using 2 address request primitive in ZDP:

nwk_addr_req and ieee_addr_req

the one you need is the nwk_addr_req and the ASL function is called ASL_NWK_addr_req()
Just remember to set the destination address to a Broadcast address.

BR,
Mads

0 Kudos

kingofhit
Contributor I
how to use the nwk_addr_req(), there are 3 varialbes that confuse me,such as pSequenceNumber,requestType,startIndex , I don't know how to configure these three,my solution is a wireless uart, how can I use this funcion in my problem.

another question, if I wan't to use the broadcast mode, what should I concern on. Actually, I have met problems :after three packets being sent with the broadcast mode, the device can not send data until 5 more seconds later.there are only two nodes, no ack, polltimeout is 200,radius is 1. I doubt whether I have met the broadcast storm.
I don't know where is the important point when using the broadcast mode.
0 Kudos