No Valid License Key!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Valid License Key!

donflorica
Contributor I

Can anyone help me with the error below?  I have installed the CW version (5.2), registered/generated the license.dat which is linked to my pc disk serial and placed in C:\Program Files(x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.2 but am receiving this error when attempting to start the software.

No valid license key was found for this installation of Codewarrior Development Studio. Please register your product by following the instructions on the registration card or by license@freescale.com.

No such feature exists.

Feature: Win32_CWIDE_Limited

Licence path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.2\license.dat;

FLEXnet error: -5,357

For further information, refer to the FLEXnet licensing documentation, available at www.macrovision.com.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

donflorica
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

I purchased Standard version.

If I run CodeWarrior as Administrator I don't receive the error.  The problem I am having now is I don't have the Authorization Code...

From what I understand the Authorization Code is to be emailed to me.   Is it stated as something else in the email?

Thanks

-Don

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

CW needs to be installed and used with admin right. it's very restrict if using win7 platform.

this workaround works with previous classic CW, pleases try if it can also work for you:

Workaround: after installation (still logged as user with admin rights) change attributes of folder where CW is installed - add write rights for this user (or for Users group). According my tests it is enough.

Of course user will also need to create shortcut of IDE.exe because CW installer created it only for user who installed it.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Don,

What about your license? Special ? Basic ? Standard , or professional ?

You can also send your License.dat to me .

And how to register CW license you can refer to this linker :

How to register and retrieve CodeWarrior suite licenses

BR

Alice

0 Kudos