cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI display in imx6 sabreauto revA EVK

danielchempolay
Contributor II

Hi all,

We are trying to bring up HDMI display for i.mx6qsabreauto EVK. Tried out the following.

1. Added HDMI display support in kernel command line. (can be found from attached bootlog that it came in to act, pls chk highlighted portion)
  2. Used an HDMI to VGA converter to connect EVK display with LCD monitor (HDMI Driver is also getting loaded as per bootlog)
  3. When we do

$ cat /sys/class/graphics/fb2/mode

The result is, U:1920x1080p-60 ; observation is that it is the same resolution mode which was given for HDMI display through U-boot env var.

Issues:

1. Not able to see anything in HDMI display during bootup/ when trying run an application.
  2. Is there any specific way to choose the fb associated with HDMI, before running the app?

Anyones's help in this regard is more appreciated.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel

i.mx6qsabreauto rev.A board is first revision of that board

and used rev.1 preproduction version of processor.

Unfortunately it is not supported in current software releases

as mentioned in attached Release Notes p.11. Recommended

to use latest board revisions.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

danielchempolay
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Happy to say you that we were able to bring up HDMI in i.mx6qsabreauto rev A EVK. I just used "jethro" release and was able to bring up HDMI and LVDS individually. So please be bit more vigilant while saying a comment on your own product as it wasted our lots of valuable time. But anyways thanks for the support. We are on the phase of bringing up both displays, HDMI and LVDS simultaneously.

Best Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchempolay
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Is it possible to enable both LVDS0 and LVDS1 displays in i.mx6qsabreauto rev A EVK?

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchempolay
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the quick response. I have also got another EVK called i.mx6qsabresdp. Will i be able to bring up HDMI display in the same? Could you share me anything in this regard?

best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel

i.MX6Q Sabre SDP should work, please follow document:

Supporting Information (17)

L4.1.15_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS (REV L4.1.15_1.1.0)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

danielchempolay
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thankyou. I followed the doc, but nothing comes in the HDMI dislay. I gave bootargs as following.

Case-1:

setenv mmcargs 'setenv bootargs video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,if=RGB666'

Here no display is found in lvds and as well as in HDMI

Case-2:

setenv mmcargs 'setenv bootargs video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24'

Here only LVDS is coming up and nothing in HDMI.

Am i doing a wrong setup? Or is there anything more that i should consider to get both displays working fine?

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos