cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW22/24D RF Tests

bimal
Contributor III

Hi,

I am planning for Different RF Tests on my MKW22/24D Module. After searching i came to know that there is an utility called "Connectivity Test" through which i can control the Radio(modulated TX, Unmodulated TX with specific channel. PER Test etc..).

I didn't found firmware support for MKW22/24D chipset, found for MKW21D. Can you let me know the location for the required firmware support for MKW22/24D.

Waiting for your feedback.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

bimal
Contributor III

Hi Juan,

I have used the connectivity test demo for my RF performance test.

But after this, while i retry to load a new application in my module it shows me error in IAR(CPU not Power-up). Where we are seeing the issue may be as below:

We have used UART 0 in connectivity test demo which are muxed at JTAG pins(TDO and TDI). So now while we try to load a new application it doesn't understand the JTAG as it already started functionaing as UART after bootup. Is there any wayout for this issue?

Waiting for your valuable feedback.

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bimal,

Indeed... If your application disabled the JTAG module to use another pin mux configuration, you'll have reset your device and program your part BEFORE the initialization (where UART was configured instead of JTAG).

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bimal,

Please refer to: FRDM-KW24D512|Freedom Development Platform|Kinetis|NXP

In the "Downloads" --> "Protocol Stacks" --> "Kinetis MKW2xD and MCR20A Connectivity Software".

pastedImage_0.png

Download and install it, you will find the SMAC Connectivity Test project under:

C:\Freescale\MKW2xD_MCR20A_Connectivity_Software_1.0.0\ConnSw\examples\smac\Connectivity_Test

If you want only the binary, they are located under:

C:\Freescale\MKW2xD_MCR20A_Connectivity_Software_1.0.0\ConnSw\tools\binaries

Regards,

JC

bimal
Contributor III

Hi Juan,

Thnx for your support,

I would also like to know that,

Is it possible to change UART pin muxing in connectivity test firmware, to control my module for RF Tests?

As in my module i have UART 0 coming out @ PTD6 and PTD7. so to perform RF tests, i need to modify connectivity Test firmware and change the uart pin muxing appropriately.

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, please take a look into "Connectivity_TestApp.c":

Default Uart Instance: UART1

void InitApp(){

Serial_InitInterface( &mAppSer, APP_SERIAL_INTERFACE_TYPE, APP_SERIAL_INTERFACE_INSTANCE ); //Get handle of uart interface

You can modify APP_SERIAL_INTERFACE_INSTANCE under "board.h"

#ifndef APP_SERIAL_INTERFACE_INSTANCE

#define APP_SERIAL_INTERFACE_INSTANCE 1 /*UART instance*/       

#endif

-JC

0 Kudos

bimal
Contributor III

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your prompt responses,

I have designed an Module based on MKW22D512, and we are planning for an FCC, CE Certification.

Can you let me know that the provided test utility"Connectivity Test" will work

OR

Is there any specific test software provided for FCC/CE lab Certification where I think for lab test we need to give an Switch access through which it can change the frequency(Modulated- Low, Mid and High) at max power.

Looking for your valuable feedback.

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use the Connectivity Test for the FCC certification.