We are working on an NFC medical application with the following requirements:
- Reader and Tag antenna coils both PCB loop type 25mm square
- Coils can be accurately aligned
- Coils will be separated by 6-10 millimeters
- Tag will be field powered and will include additional circuitry that must also be powered from the field
- Tag circuitry power consumption varies from a few mW to as much as 70mW
Is this doable as a NXP solutions?
Will a power amplifier be required?
We are leaning towards NFC-B - will the power level allow for effective data communications with varying tag loads and varying separation between coils?