cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About RD9Z1-638-4Li Kit (urgent)

pinarkesik
Contributor I

Hello,

I bought RD9Z1-638-4Li kit from Digikey. In kit's box there isn't any Interface Board for programming the MCU.

How can I flash the MCU? Is it possible to flash MCU via CAN interface? Or Do I need to use any external interface board for flashing?

Best regards,

Pınar Kesik
Electronic Hardware Design Engineer

AVL Research and Engineering Turkey

pinar.kesik@avl.com

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Q_man
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You need a BDM Debugger/Programmer, like  Universal Multilink Development Interface|NXP or

USB S08/HCS12 BDM Multilink - In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer. Its using the 6pin header BDM1 on the board.

You can implement Flashing over CAN, LIN, etc. developing/using your own software setup.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos

pinarkesik
Contributor I

Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you for your quick response.

Is there a bootloader-like software already programmed inside the FLASH for programming the rest of the FLASH over CAN/LIN with the software we want to develop? (a code snippet that's pre-programmed inside the memory like a piece of firmware which is an EEPROM emulator for the FLASH sector). Because if there isn't something like this inside then we have to, of course, also develop that piece of software and program that one (for which we would again require the BDM Multilink In-Circuit Debugger...)

Best regards,

Pinar

0 Kudos

Q_man
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pinar,

no there is no bootloader in the FLASH. So you need the BDM Multilink to get started.

If you plan to write your own Bootloader, see Appnote AN4723 "S12Z MagniV Bootloader".

W.

0 Kudos