Already according to your configuration file, now how can I do to detect PLL1 output 160MHz? Such as bus clock output pin, with an oscilloscope measurement

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already according to your configuration file, now how can I do to detect PLL1 output 160MHz? Such as bus clock output pin, with an oscilloscope measurement

Jump to solution
DELPHI_Eric
Contributor III

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Use the oscilloscope. But most probably you will see nothing or some kind of sine wave with low amplitude, because the pad is not strong and fast enough to toggle with such high rate.

That’s why you should divide down the frequency on the output pin (CLKOUT).

Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Set the pad for the CLKOUT function within SIUL as

SIUL2.MSCR[22].R = 0x22800001;              // PB6 as CLK_OUT (on EVB it is B9)

Then confingure Auxiliary clock selector 6 to select PLL1 with proper divider, eg.

MC_CGM.AC6_SC.R = 0x04000000;    // Select PLL1 for auxiliary clock 6

MC_CGM.AC6_DC0.R = 0x80010000;    // CLKOUT0 : Enable aux clk 6 div by 2 … (80 MHz)

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
DELPHI_Eric
Contributor III

Thanks,but I mean, how to measure the MCU output pin to determine whether it is configured to 160MHz?

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Use the oscilloscope. But most probably you will see nothing or some kind of sine wave with low amplitude, because the pad is not strong and fast enough to toggle with such high rate.

That’s why you should divide down the frequency on the output pin (CLKOUT).

Petr

0 Kudos
DELPHI_Eric
Contributor III

Thanks Peter!

0 Kudos