Problem when uboot from nand flash,p2020rdb-pca board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when uboot from nand flash,p2020rdb-pca board.

yaxizhang
Contributor I

Dear Sir,

I am trying to burn u-boot to nand flash,and want to boot up the board from nand flash. But failed. I'll show my steps and problem as follows.

1.Code Warrior 10.5.1 in CentOS7, new a bareboard project with wizard(choosing P2020RDB-PC),build project.

2.In Target Task, import P2020RDB-PC-NAND-FLASH.xml,Flash Device:K9F5605Ux0D-eLBC(32Mx8x1),

Add Action:Program and Verify, with uboot-nand.bin in the Pre_Build_images folder( privided in the P2020RDB_Images.iso), select the binary file type, check the erase sectors before program check box,apply an address offset 0x00000000.

3.Excute, shows Program Command Succeeded.

4.Set SW3 [1:6]111010(1=on,0=off)

5. Turn on the power. However, from the serial console, it does not show up anything, and the light of eTSEC2 and a green led in board blinks quickly. i.e, failed to uboot from the nand flash.

I want to know that whether the steps I've done are correct or not, and how to fix my problem to uboot from nand flash successfully?

Hope to get the help soon. Best Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello yaxi Zhang,

According to your description, it seems there is no problem with your above procedure.

Please try the attached NAND flash u-boot image which I got from SDK 1.8.

If your problem remains, please try whether it would work to program NAND u-boot from NOR.

=>tftp 1000000 u-boot-nand-<platform>.bin

=>nand erase <u-boot_start_addr> $filesize

=>nand write 1000000 <u-boot_start_addr> $filesize

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos