Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Kinetis bootloader 1.2.0 and Kinetis bootloader K80 Tools

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

My customer--Fujian Landi want to use Kinetis bootloader to program their application to K81 via USB, I find there are 2 version--1.2.0 and K80 tools, I tried hellow_world_qspi example in the two version, they are OK, I don't know the difference of the two version. Because my customer need us to provide the host end source code, 1.2.0 has the code, K80 Tools has not. Can I suggest customer to use 1.2.0 for K81 programming? Thanks.

bootloader download.PNG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies

cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fred,

I think you can refer to the blhost source code in the Kinetis Bootloader package. It can be built under Linux. In this package, it also includes binary file to run under Linux.

Hao

0 Kudos

cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fred,

For Kinetis bootloader, it includes both flashloader and ROM bootloader. For devices without BootROM, flashloader is used while for devices with BootROM, ROM bootloader is used.

What you found in Kinetis Bootloader 1.2.0 package, you only find the source code for flashloader so customer can reload the image by themselves. That's why you will not find K81 in the list.

For host side code Landi wanted, is it that they wanted the source code for the following binary files in Bootloader for K80 Tools?

pastedImage_0.png

Then you can check FSL_Kinetis_Bootloader_1_2_0\apps\winupdater folder to get source code for Kinetis Updater and FSL_Kinetis_Bootloader_1_2_0\validation\blhost for source of the command line tool.

Hao

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hao,

Landi need Linux driver for Kinetis Bootloader 1.2.0, there is no the driver in the two version, can we provide the source code based Linux? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Fred Fu

0 Kudos

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay

Thanks. Where can I download the Linux USB driver for Kinetis bootloader 1.2.0? Landi want to use I.MX258 as host to connect with K81 via USB, then program K81.

Best Regards,

Fred Fu

0 Kudos

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In addition, When I use MDK to generate .bin file, MDK will generate group files, see below image, how to download the group files to K81 using Kinetis bootloader. Thanks.

bin.PNG

0 Kudos