cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MED-EKG compatible with KL25z?

pacoshnaidler
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm in the process of using my MED-EKG with the KL25z board. I know that the MED-EKG DSC needs an I2c communication to send the start command and to start receiving values, so I have already set up that connection.

My question is, would the MED-EKG actually be able to work with the KL25z? Do I have to account for anything else besides the I2C communication? Can the MED-EKG do all the work and send me the values through I2C to my KL25z? Or do I have to setup ADC's and amplifiers on my kl25z end as well?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello paco shnaidler:

The MED-EKG can be used with the KL25 but the migration of the project from K53 to KL25 might not be simple, specially if you are not familiar with the legacy USB stack (assuming you need USB) and the EKG algorithm. The on-board DSC in the MED-EKG should be pre-programmed with a digital filter algorithm and deliver data to a MCU through I2C, but I cannot find any documentation about it.

In the project you find the conditional compilation macros ECG_FIR and ECG_DSC, which configures if the analog signals are processed by the DSC or the MCU. You need to inspect the code that is active when ECG_DSC is declared.

For the USB part, the project is mounted in a USB CDC device class example from the legacy Kinetis USB stack. The closest approach if you need USB would be to download this legacy stack and try to replicate the MED-EKG application with the CDC device example. The stack is in the next link (v4.1.1):

USB Stack|NXP

Otherwise you could also go with the Kinetis SDK v1.3, which includes also a USB stack with the CDC class:

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos