MC3PHAC PC Master

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC3PHAC PC Master

andreilazar
Contributor I

Hello, and sorry if I posted in the wrong topic.

I am an student and I try to develop an MC3PHAC board for my project. I made up an aplication wich combines both operations, Stand Alone and PC HOST. I made up everything and the Stand Alone version is working perfectly. On the PC HOST mode i have a problem.

When I try to Initialize the motor there is an error that pop-up(picture). Can anyone help me?

Thanks alot guys! Have a great day!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please be aware that the MC3PHAC is no longer manufacturer and there is not replacement.

Have you check that all the the component are placed and correct?

have you check if you have data on Tx and Rx?

Your computer has a COM port or you are using an USB to serial to make the communication?

0 Kudos

mehrdadk
Contributor I

Pedro do you know what   the replacement of the MC3PHAC  is? MC3PHAC  pretty handy to just send simple serial command and control the 3 phase AC motors?  do you know any similar IC from other vendors

BR

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mehrdad

There is not replacement for the MC3PHAC device, a good option is use the MC9S08MP16 ​ but you need to developt your own program, the MP16 is not programmed and you need to load the program that you need, there are some document and reference design using the MP16 to handle a 3 phase AC motor like 

3-Phase AC Induction Motor Control with PFC Reference Design Using MC9S08MP16

And you can find more information on

3-Phase AC Induction Motor

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos

mehrdadk
Contributor I

thanks Pedro for help , I almost spent one day digging into NXP solutions and documents but I noticed to run such project need CodeWarrior® for Microcontrollers which is not free, is there any other IDE that could compile FSLESLHCS08: NXP® Embedded Software Library S08 ? do you know any ready to use code  and schematic like what Atmel provided for ACIM motors ?

I already have couple of opensource document to bind the MC3PHAC with IGBT modules without any programming , do you think new NXP solution offer in the better way

BR

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am sorry but not, the library use codewarrior

0 Kudos