Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frdm-KLZ25z Uart0 Recv problem

ajinkyaj
Contributor I

Hello All,

I'm using FRDM-KLZ25Z board.

I wrote a program for UART0 driver. Test the program by typing keyboard and send back on the screen the char that i typed. I am using interrupt method then get the value from UART0->D register.

However, this program works for sending out the chars. it does not work for read the char from the keyboard.

any idea why? this so strange.

I have no problem sending out a string. just cannot read a right value back. I have tried many ways, bypass openSDA, connect a serial port directly; using static volatile variable. but it does not work at all.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ajinkya J,

From your problem description, I think your UART0 receive configuration may have problem.

Actually, we have some uart0 sample code for FRDM-KL25, please download it from this link:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/software/KL25_SC.exe?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Lab%20and%20Test%20Software&WT_...

After you install it, you can find the uart0 code in the folder:

KL25 Sample Code\kl25_sc_rev10\klxx-sc-baremetal\build\iar\platinum

This code will send the received char data back to the uart0.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact with me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos