For S9KEAZ128BVLHR, what is the default BUSCLK frequency directly out of reset, assuming everything in the clock distribution module is still at default, an I am running from the internal FLL. The datasheets and the manual don't have the answer to this si

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For S9KEAZ128BVLHR, what is the default BUSCLK frequency directly out of reset, assuming everything in the clock distribution module is still at default, an I am running from the internal FLL. The datasheets and the manual don't have the answer to this si

dudley
Contributor I

I have device S9KEAZ128BVLHR. I want to know default frequency of the BUSCLK directly out of reset, assuming everything is still default, I am still running from the Internal FLL, and I have not modified any registers.

The datasheets and manual don't give an answer to this very basic question.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dudley,

The default frequency of the BUSCLK is 24MHz, it need to be calculated by using the default values of below registers.

See the "Figure 5-1. Clocking diagram" in KEA128RM.pdf, and the default values.

Clocking diagram.jpg

The default value of IREFS bit in ICS_C1 is 1, this means Internal reference clock(37.5kHz) is selected for the FLL.

Then the FLL loop locks the frequency to 1280 times the internal reference frequency.(ICSFLLCLK=37.5kHz*1280=40MHz)

The default value of CLKS bit in ICS_C1 is 00, selects the clock source (output of FLL) that controls the bus frequency.

ICS_C1.jpg

FLL 1280 times.jpg

ICS_C2.jpg

SIM_CLKDIV.jpg

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos