UART3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART3

kerboucheabdela
Contributor II

Hi, i'm working with the FRDM K64 board and i couldn't find the right instruction to send and recive data through UART3

thank's a lot..

4 Replies

kerboucheabdela
Contributor II

Thank you so much for the help im gona try that :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kerbouche,

There are many UART examples in (Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP ).

You can select and download SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F in Kinetis SDK Builder (REV 2 & 1.3)

SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F.jpg

The uart examples can be found in the installed folder (such as E:\SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\driver_examples\uart)

uart examples in SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F.jpg

The Demo(driver_examples\uart\interrupt\iar) use UART0 as DEMO_UART, you can change it to UART3.

modify definitions.jpg

Select the PTB10 and PTB11 as the UART3 function.

modify UART3 pins.jpg

When the demo runs successfully, the log would be seen on the UART3 (PTB10 and PTB11) terminal .

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kerbouche,

what do you mean with "right instruction to send and recive data"?

If you check K64's reference manual (http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/ref_manual/K64P144M120SF5RM.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Refer... ) you can see chapter 52 related to UART and there you can find reference for UART Data Register (UART0_D) that is used to read/transmit data. Obviously, you need to configure all the module (Bit formatting, Baud Rate, Interrupts, etc).

If you are looking for some stacks, you can look at KSDK package that is available for FRDM-K64. There you can find examples for UART in different configurations such as polling mode, non-blocking, blocking and more. (Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP )

I hope this can help you!

Regards

Isaac Avila

kerboucheabdela
Contributor II

you were so helpful ,thank you , i'm a biginner and im working on RFID project so i need a UART communication with the RFID Reader

0 Kudos