unidentified contacts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unidentified contacts

jasonhendrix
Contributor V

I'm trying to connect to the LS1021ATWR dev board with CW and the CW TAP.  It fails to connect with a message "... cannot connect to CCS..."  I then have the option to "Export Diagnostics", which I did.  I then emailed to support@freescale.com.  My message got bounced because NXP cannot accept submissions from unidentified contacts.  I did email from the the account associated with the account I am posting with right now.  Furthermore, ther ei s a link on the "Diagnostic Information Export Wizard" to register an email address.  I went there and tried to register, but as expected, that account already exists.  So, I don't think I should be an unidentified contact.  How can I break through this barrier and get my critical CW connection problem looked at?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using LS1021A Rev1 and CW for ARMv7 10.0.7 or higher, please make sure you have read below section available in LS1021A_TWR_README.txt file:

Information about processor revision 1

#--------------------------------------------#

To debug a target with this processor revision you must use the CFG file "LS102xA_Rev1_ConfigChain.cfg" that can be found at the location

[CW install path]/ARMv7/ARM_Support/Configuration_Files/jtag_chains/. This file will be imported following the next steps:

1. Open "Debug Configurations..." and select your project;

2. Click on the "Edit..." button which can be found next to the drop list called "Connection" from the "Target Settings" view;

3. Click on the "Edit..." button which can be found next to the drop list called "Target";

4. Click on the "Edit..." button which can be found next to the drop list called "Target type";

5. Click "Import..." and then "File System..." and select the file specified above and then click OK until you return

to "Hardware or Simulator Target" window;

6. Select in the "Hardware or Simulator Target" window the initialization and memory files from the project;

7. Click OK until you return to "Debug Configurations..." window and click "Debug".

Adrian

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

After the merge of Freescale and NXP, technical support cases are answered in a different system.

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

How to access it ?

Attached a video showing you how to log a case in new system the first time.

You need to create a NXP account.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos