AnsweredAssumed Answered

Generating custom u-boot image for ls1021a-twr?

Question asked by Dat Ho on Feb 29, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 by Yiping Wang

So I've used QorIQ SDK v1.8 and v1.9 to build u-boot images, but none of the compiled images actually run on the ls1021a-twr when programmed into the board. Before I bypassed this issue just by using the u-boot images that were available for download with the QorIQ environment.

How come the default u-boot generated by QorIQ SDK won't run on the ls1021a-twr? how can I get my custom made QorIQ u-boot images to actually run? Everything else that I used from the QorIQ SDK (kernel, ramdisk, dtb, and RCW) work just fine.

To give some context, I'm trying to get the ls1021a-twr IFC bus to try and write to an external FPGA (which will be on a custom board based on the ls1021a-twr). I've already changed the RCW and I've edited ls1021atwr.h to accommodate the changes I made in order to try and map the external FPGA into memory. The issue is that any u-boot I generate through QorIQ SDK (even the default u-boot with no changes) won't run on the ls1021a-twr.

I was able to create a meta-toolchain through bitbake. However, any attempts to source/run the /opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-fsl-linux-gnueabi have no effect whatsoever. I also didn't find a lot of documentation on the usage of cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-fsl-linux-gnueabi from meta-toolchain.

Outcomes