cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upstream of the QorIQ linux to the main line linux kernel

alond
Contributor I

Hello Everyone,

Is there any plan to upstream the QorIQ linux NXP branch into the main line linux kernel(kernel.org)?

I very new to this soc's and it is very important for me to work with the main line kernel.

I couldn't found this Architecture LS102x and other LS at the kernel.org site.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What specific chip are you looking for?  There are significant differences among chips labelled LS102x.  Assuming LS1021A (or related chips LS1020A/LS1022A), that chip support is upstream.  What haven't you been able to find?

0 Kudos

alond
Contributor I

"Assuming LS1021A (or related chips LS1020A/LS1022A), that chip support is upstream "

Under which path Can I find it?

Related to LS1043, I understand it is too early to be upstreamed… but maybe anyone can guess when it might occure?

0 Kudos

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-ls1021a.c among other places.  Grep for SOC_LS1021A

An LS1043A device tree is upstream.  Use ARCH_LAYERSCAPE with it.  Datapath support and probably some other features are not yet upstream.

0 Kudos

alond
Contributor I

Great!

Now I found it.

Tell me… do NXP has an official site that mark which package is already in mainline and which package is not?

For example, see the link to Xilinx Zynq soc:

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Linux+Drivers

Thanks

0 Kudos

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately we do not have a site like that.

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alon D,

The QorIQ linux in SDK is always upstream to main line kernel, but main line kernel does not always contain the newest patch in SDK. Because as you know any patch from SDK needs to be discussed and approved before the upstream, but SDK is growing and have it's versions public constantly... And so does main line kernel

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos

alond
Contributor I

Hi Lunmin,

Thanks for the quick answer,

I am not sure I understand.

1. You say that "The QorIQ linux in SDK is always upstream", so where can I find it?, in which directory in the kernel.org site?

I've check the: Linux/arch/arm path and around, and couldn't find.

2. If the answer is NO. Is there any plan to upstream the kernel? I know that the SDK has its own community and versions, but I need to merge into the mainline.

3. If it is not mainlined, how can I use patches ?(that created for mainline kernel)

4. the SDK linux version is 3.19 while we are now around 4.4, is there any plan to move on?

Best regards,

Alon

0 Kudos