cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux device tree interrupt IDs

Jump to solution
jasonhendrix
Contributor V

I'm trying to enable the SECMON_LP RTC on the LS1021ATWR dev board using the svns_rtc driver.  I am trying to create an entry in the device tree file ls1021a.dtsi.  The bindings documentation states that the interrupts must be specified.  From table 5-1 of the ls1021a ARM, I see that the SECMON module is tied to PPI interrupts 142 and 143.  But looking at the .dtsi, I can't map any of the interrupt IDs in the device tree to table 5-1.  Where can I find the proper device tree interrupt IDS for the SECMON_LP RTC?  Thanks.

-Jason

Labels (1)
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Basic information regarding interrupts property encoding can be found here:

Linux/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/gic.txt - Linux Cross Reference - Free Electrons

The second cell, which is the interrupt number, is the chip Manual Table 5-1 value minus 32. See how

mapping is done in gic_irq_domain_xlate(), file irq-gic.c

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Basic information regarding interrupts property encoding can be found here:

Linux/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/gic.txt - Linux Cross Reference - Free Electrons

The second cell, which is the interrupt number, is the chip Manual Table 5-1 value minus 32. See how

mapping is done in gic_irq_domain_xlate(), file irq-gic.c

Have a great day,
Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!