cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8572DS Need help with CodeWarrior TAP

Jump to solution
dmitrymarchenko
Contributor I

Hello! I have one big problem with MPC8572DS debug process. When i try connect to my board i cant control board through terminal window, even after restart in dialog window in CodeWarrior.  What am i do wrong?

Please see my screenshots attachments.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dmitry Marchenko,

It seems that your purpose is to use CodeWarrior to debug u-boot, the procedure which you used is not totally correct, you need to use the "Attach" launch configuration, please follow the application note CodeWarrior U-Boot Debugging  to import u-boot elf, create a CodeWarrior project and debug u-boot on the target board.

The RAM "Connect" or "Download" launch configuration is used to initialize the target board with CW initialization file and execute a bare board program in RAM. In flash programming, the user needs to use this launch configuration. In your screenshot, it seems that there is problem in DDR initialization section on the target board. Please refer to the following.

Please check the switch setting according to Linux SDK document.

Please use the DDR DIMM shipped together with MPC8572DS board, because the initialization file is created according to the demo board.

If you just do flash programming, you could use SRAM initialization file, when you create the bareboard project, please select "Connect SRAM" launch configuration.

If your problem remains, please capture CCS log in CW IDE, and attach it.

Please enable CCS log from "Run->Debug Configurations -><project>-core0_RAM_-Connect(Download)->Edit...->Advanced->Advanced CCS setting->Enable logging", and connect to the target from "Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_-Connect(Download)->Debug”, the CCS log will be displayed in the console panel in CodeWarrior IDE.

If the CCS log in the console is truncated, please enlarge  the console buffer from Window->Preferences->Run/Debug->Console->uncheck "Limit console output".

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dmitry Marchenko,

It seems that your purpose is to use CodeWarrior to debug u-boot, the procedure which you used is not totally correct, you need to use the "Attach" launch configuration, please follow the application note CodeWarrior U-Boot Debugging  to import u-boot elf, create a CodeWarrior project and debug u-boot on the target board.

The RAM "Connect" or "Download" launch configuration is used to initialize the target board with CW initialization file and execute a bare board program in RAM. In flash programming, the user needs to use this launch configuration. In your screenshot, it seems that there is problem in DDR initialization section on the target board. Please refer to the following.

Please check the switch setting according to Linux SDK document.

Please use the DDR DIMM shipped together with MPC8572DS board, because the initialization file is created according to the demo board.

If you just do flash programming, you could use SRAM initialization file, when you create the bareboard project, please select "Connect SRAM" launch configuration.

If your problem remains, please capture CCS log in CW IDE, and attach it.

Please enable CCS log from "Run->Debug Configurations -><project>-core0_RAM_-Connect(Download)->Edit...->Advanced->Advanced CCS setting->Enable logging", and connect to the target from "Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_-Connect(Download)->Debug”, the CCS log will be displayed in the console panel in CodeWarrior IDE.

If the CCS log in the console is truncated, please enlarge  the console buffer from Window->Preferences->Run/Debug->Console->uncheck "Limit console output".

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!