Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual display(RGB_MIPI) in Android 4.4 with different content in i.MX6Q

Jump to solution
bratzhang
Contributor II

Hi,

My project need to display dual display which show different content in android4.4 OS in my i.MX6Q board. Now I have made that possilbe to show simultaneous display, but how to config to enable  the different? Could anyone have such a document to introduce that ?

Thanks very much!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Brat,

Please have a look at the Android Presentation API:

Presentation | Android Developers

There is a demo application available under development/samples/ApiDemos/ in your source tree.

This allows you to display something different on the secondary display, but only allows to have one app running at the same time. If you wish to have one app on each display, it is not supported/allowed by Android by default. If absolutely necessary, you'll need to integrate external patches:

tieto/multiwindow_for_android · GitHub

Regards,

Gary

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Brat,

Please have a look at the Android Presentation API:

Presentation | Android Developers

There is a demo application available under development/samples/ApiDemos/ in your source tree.

This allows you to display something different on the secondary display, but only allows to have one app running at the same time. If you wish to have one app on each display, it is not supported/allowed by Android by default. If absolutely necessary, you'll need to integrate external patches:

tieto/multiwindow_for_android · GitHub

Regards,

Gary

bratzhang
Contributor II

Dear Gary:

Roger,thanks!

0 Kudos