LS1021A-IOT gateway: eTSEC0/1 not working properly in SGMII mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A-IOT gateway: eTSEC0/1 not working properly in SGMII mode

abhilashabraham
Contributor I

We were trying to use the LS1021A-IOT gateway(rev 1) reference board ethernet ports(SGMII). It works properly in uboot. But in linux it comes up but after a few ping it fails. On debugging we could observe that we are getting an error interrupt, IEVENT_BSY and then the board only receives packets and not processing or transmitting the reply.  As per reference manual, "Busy condition interrupt - Indicates that a frame was received and discarded due to a lack of buffers.". Can anyone guide us on why this could be happening and how to fix it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This problem is not related to SGMII. BSY event indicates that the

the software is not removing BDs from the BD ring (queue), or is doing it

too slowly, the BD ring is  full and one or more ingress frames have been

dropped due to that. It is purely a software issue. Use Linux kernel

image from the SDK valid for your board to avoid it or debug your kernel.

Have a great day

Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

abhilashabraham
Contributor I

Thanks Platon. I too had the same understanding but was not sure. Currently we are using driver version 1.3 and there seems to be a version 2.0 with lot of changes especially in BD handling. We are now trying those changes.

0 Kudos