AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I program a FRDM-K64F using a Cyclone Max and the PROGARM software?

Question asked by Scott Lyle on Dec 9, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 by Scott Lyle

I have a FRDM-K64F development board that I would like to program using the Cyclone Max via the PROGARM software. My goal is to come up with a way to program a MK24FN1M0VDC12 processor on a custom PCB we designed using the 0.5", 10 pin SWD header.  Before trying to debug whether or not our PCB design is correct, I would like to first make sure the process for programming a Kinetis CPU this way is correct using the FRDM board.

So far I have downloaded all of the programming algorithms.  I plug the cable into port E on the Cyclone Max and use the Cyclone Max JTAG/SWD adapter board to interface to the 0.05", 10 pin SWD connector J9 on the FRDM board.  I have tried the jumper on the adapter board in both positions.  I have cut the trace under J11 as directed in the manual and schematics.  Each cable has the red wire going to pin 1 of the appropriate connector.  I am powering the FRDM board through J26.

When I run the PROGARM software use the default settings and select either the freescale_k64fn1m0m12_1x32x256k_pflash.arp or freescale_k64fn1m0m12ws_1x32x256k_pflash.arp programming algorithm I get the message "Initializing.  Cannot enter background mode.  Check connections."

Thank you in advance for your time!

Outcomes