cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SABRE board and the upcoming AVB software

chrisschlotter
Contributor I

Dear all,

Our company is currently running an evaluation project on the upcoming AVB Gen2/TSN standard (the successor to AVB). We wonder if we could use the SABRE board for Automotive Infotainment as a hardware platform to implement three or four TSN-capable ethernet host devices for demonstration purposes.

1) Will the AVB software be available for free usage on i.MX6 boards or will it be a commercial product, only available to paying customers? We would need to complement the AVB software by some  TSN features but for this we would need to bypass all pure-AVB feature while retaining the features universal to AVB and TSN (e.g. PTP/IEEE 1588).

2) If we were not able to use the AVB software as a basement for our own design but would have to build up everything on our own using free available Linux-packages (e.g. gPTP, video and audio streaming, multimedia interfaces), would the SABRE board still be an interesting platform in terms of software and driver support, or might it be better to resort to, let's say, some Zedboards we have already flying around in our company?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chris,

At this moment the  AVB Software it is a commercial product,  we are analyzing to provided by free.  I recommend you that you get in contact with your local freescale distributor or sales, in order to discuss your case.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos