This is my follow up question to below thread
On the path of debugging the root cause of above issue, I tried various approach to Decode 1080P at 60 FPS.
1. I tried wrapping H264 data into a MP4 container(without transcoding). The playback of MP4 with various stock player seems slow(less than 60fps , around 42fps).
2. I tried using native codec samples from Android NDK. Still no progress.
3 Later I compiles the mxc-vpu-test code from the Android Source tree. With this and using the correct parameters, I was Capable of playing the video at 60 FPS.
So My doubts are
- Is the decoder capable of playing 1080p@60fps video, with correct Frame rate ?
- If so, then why MediaCodec ( using ACodec code internally ) is not capable of playing 1080p@60fps video.
- I am not sure if OMXCodec is used in this process, Where can I get OMXCodec sample code to decode my video.