MQX 4.2 GCC Build fails

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.2 GCC Build fails

asmith
Contributor III

Building MQX 4.2 using the debian multi-arch armhf compiler fails.

There are several problems.

in

build/twrk70f120m/make/tools/gcc_arm.mak

GCC_VERSION needs changed   

GCC_VERSION ?=4.9.3

I should think that a dependence on a GCC version could be eliminated

TOOLCHAIN_ROOTDIR needs changed to

TOOLCHAIN_ROOTDIR = /usr

I would also think that the obsolete dependence on full path to a toolchain could be eliminated

-nostdinc

needs eliminated from CC_FLAGS and CX_FLAGS in two places - a total of 4.

Atleast one source file - I beleive psp_types.h includes <stdint.h> and <stdbool.h>

If the toolchains that are normally being used support that with -nostdinc, they are in error.

If MQX really requires -nostdinc then the dependence on <stdbool.h> and <stdint.h> should be eliminated

Overall it was still easier to get MQX 4.2 to build with GCC than prior versions.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

MQX 4.2  It is only supported by the  GCC ToolChain (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors) Code Sorcery revision 4.8-2014-q3-update

and the option need to change to Makefile build option: TOOL=gcc_arm.  The flags needed depend completely on the GCC that you are planning to use since

the dependencies are not only of MQX source code, also of the linker file required.Using  Code Sourcery Tool Chain you do not need to modify any of the flags.

My recommend it is to use Ubuntu and CodeWarrior 10.6 for Linux in order to expedite and be more easy to compile.

Please check the below link, this may helps!!

http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/mqx-on-the-cortex-m4-of-a-colibri-vf61

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

asmith
Contributor III

Thanks; I was providing my experiences in the hopes that the necessary changes would get incorporated.

gcc 5 multilib is standard and easy to use with recent debian and ubuntu versions.

I am pretty sure that Mentor has dropped support for Code Sourcery.

Regardless, combining --nostdinc and #include <stdint.h> is an ERROR.

It should have failed on CodeSourcery

If there is a CW 10.6 for Linux please point me at it.

Elswehere in this site the last CW for linux was listed as 10.2

Regardless, I really do not want to use CW or KDS.  I am far faster building and testing outside a GUI.

Freescale has decided to switch to GCC for CW and KDS, they should allow us to build using any modern GCC whether from a GUI or not.

0 Kudos