AnsweredAssumed Answered

gstreamer imxeglvivsink not working ?

Question asked by Amit Chawla on Oct 6, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 by Joan Xie

Hi,

I have been using Ubuntu image (from wandboard.org) , and trying to play streams using gstreamer EGL sink - imxeglvivsink .

But all I can see is a blank/black screen.

I have tried the following pipelines... all of them yield the same result, a blank/black screen.

1) gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/VidAVC.h264 ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideotransform ! imxeglvivsink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

[INFO] Product Info: i.MX6Q/D/S

Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

[INFO] bitstreamMode 1, chromaInterleave 0, mapType 0, tiled2LinearEnable 0

Pipeline is PREROLLED ...

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

New clock: GstSystemClock

2) gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/VidAVC.h264 ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxeglvivsink

3) gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/VidAVC.h264 ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideotransform ! "video/x-raw, width=500, height=480, format=RGB" ! videoconvert dither=0 ! imxeglvivsink

Using imxipuvideosink plays the streams normally.

Could it be due to the Vivante GPU drivers... or some other reason. I have libVivante and libEGL already installed.... I am doubting if they are the correct ones (versions).

I colleague of mine.... installed new drivers(libs) from gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-3.10.17-1.0.2.tar.gz and had his system crashed...with no display.

Could you please point to the problem..... My aim is to use gstreamer plugins to enable GPU render acceleration from my X window application ??

Would be really thankful for the reply.

Amit

Outcomes