Problem programming on MC9S12ZI128 with USBMD after trying to use it with CodeWarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem programming on MC9S12ZI128 with USBMD after trying to use it with CodeWarrior

bernardocamargo
Contributor I

I was using USBDM to program my MC9S12ZI128, and it was working fine, but I tried to use it with CodeWarrior and now when I try to program/erase/Detect it says that the chip is secured and then: "Unsecuring the device failed. Reason: Execution of TCL script returned an error". This happens even if I am using the flash programmer outside CodeWarrior.

Could someone help me out, I have no idea what to do about it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Bernardo,

USBDM doesn't support  MC9S12ZI128 - In fact I can't even find the chip on the Freescale web site.

Can you provide a link to the device data please and I will have a look at this.

Also

• What Codewarrior version?
  • What USBDM version?
  • What operating system?
  • Link to chip data

bye

0 Kudos

bernardocamargo
Contributor I

I am using codeWarrior 10.6, USBDM 4.12.1.30, on windows 8, but I tested the USBDM on Linux (Mint) as well.

I did some more tests and saw that the FlashProgrammer is not even able to run the detect chip, it says it was unable to unsecure the device and then "Failed to probe target Reason: Execution of TCL script returned an error"

So I am beginning to think I might have  done some kind of damage to the chip by connecting something in the wrong way...

The chip data can be found here: http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/data_sheet/MM9Z1_638D1.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Data%20Sheets&...

But I did my own support for it by adding the following code to the s12z_devices.xml

<device family="S12Z" name="MC9S12ZI128">

<clock type="External" />

<memoryRef ref="s12z8K_Ram" />

<memoryRef ref="FTMRZ_EEPROM_4K_4bS" />

<memoryRef ref="FTMRZ_PFlash0_SEC_128K_512bS" />

<copctlAddress value="0x06CC" />

<sdidAddress value="0x0000" />

<sdidMask value="0xFFFFFF00" />

<sdid value="0x0207" />

<flashScripts>

<tclScriptRef ref="S12Z-FTMRZ-flash-scripts" />

</flashScripts>

<flashProgramRef ref="S12Z-FTMRZ-flash-program" />

</device>

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Bernardo,

I have had a look at the data sheet but unfortunately I can;t find a definitive statement on how to do a unsecure operation.  It just has circular references that lead nowhere.

It is unclear if it should respond the same as the other Z12 chips.

I have ordered a chip and will see if I can work out the problem.

bye.

0 Kudos

bernardocamargo
Contributor I

I got a couple of those chips, so I tried to program it again on windows 8 and got the same problem. But when I programmed a new chip on Linux Mint it worked !!! So I am assuming that the problem has something to do with Windows

0 Kudos