AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is partial KDSK1.3 update in KDS300 safe?

Question asked by Neil Hancock on Oct 1, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 by Thomas Olenik

Wow found the candy store available with newly released KDSK1.3

So following the KSDK13GSUG.pdf

I downloaded "Kinetis SDK 1.3.0 Mainline - Windows.exe" and installed it 3GB

In section 5.2.1 I follow the instructions to Install Eclipse Update for KDS300 

from directory  and though its not specified where in the instructions I found it here

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\tools\eclipse_update

KSDK_1.3.0_Eclipse_Update.zip

On attempting install it says

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: KSDK 1.3.0 Eclipse Update 1.0.0.b150914 (com.freescale.processorexpert.kinetis-ksdk-1.3.0.sp.feature.group 1.0.0.b150914)

Missing requirement: KSDK 1.3.0 Eclipse Update 1.0.0.b150914 (com.freescale.processorexpert.kinetis-ksdk-1.3.0.sp.feature.group 1.0.0.b150914)

requires 'com.freescale.processorexpert.feature.core.kpsdk.feature.group [1.3.0,2.0.0)' but it could not be found

and the Update my installation to be compatible ...

Does anybody know if its OK to accept a partial update like this.?

Is KSDK_1.3.0_Eclipse_Update.zip  an update for the PE components inside KDS300?

I have only installed the standard KDS300 because of the known bugs in the update "GNU ARM J-Link Debugging"

Unable to Debug after KDS Update (Aug 3rd)

KDS3 Update still broken

For me the Unable to Debug after KDS Update happened at a time when I was bringing up a new board, and the  J-Link emulator locked three processor on new PCBs -possibly because of the incompatibilities described here

How to deal with MDM-AP Status System Security bit set on new MKL26Z

which makes me extremely cautious. The above problems caused me to order new prototype PCBs and move away from the J-Link debugger

Outcomes