cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue running Processor Expert project

randyhermes
Contributor III

Using KDS 3.0, SDK 1.2.

Created a PEX project for K21 using MQX.

I am trying to run it on a TWR-K21F120M board.

It loads fine.  It starts in Reset_Handler just fine.  When it goes to jump to the application, bl ASM_PREFIX(SystemInit), I end up at PC = 0xFFFFFFFE.

Looking at the disassembly the address for SystemInit is correct and the function code is at that location.

I have other projects that are based on the hello world demo that run fine.

Any ideas on what my problem might be?

Thank You

Randy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Randy,

the following document walk you through the process to create a new Project using KDS3.0 + KSDK1.2 + PEx. At the end the document shows how to add RTCS but you may skip these steps.

How to add RTCS to a Processor Expert Project Using KDS and KSDK

I hope this helps.

If the problems persists please let me know.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

randyhermes
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the information, but it doesn't really address my problem.

I have already created a PEX project, generated code, compiled and attempted to debug.

My issue is that it will not run.  I am able to step through the reset handler, but at the branch to SystemInit it ends up at PC = 0xFFFFFFFE with no valid instructions.

At this point I've given up on it and moved on to the rest of my project.

I'm not using the PEX project directly, just using some of the generated code for component initialization.

All I really wanted to do was walk through the initialization code to see what order things were done in.

At this point I have my BSP code up and running.

Thanks again

Randy Hermes

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi randy,

thank you for your comments. I think that you missed some important settings when you created the project. The guide explains step by step all the settings that are required to have a simple project up and running.

I recommend to follow the guide, it may take about 20 minutes... Once you have a Hello World project running with Processor Expert probably you may want to reconsider to take that project as base for your application.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos