Second RGB output possible for i.MX6D/Q?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second RGB output possible for i.MX6D/Q?

Jump to solution
kirgene
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm developing custom board based on i.MX6D.

In datasheet "i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processors for Consumer Products" section "4.11.10.4 IPU Display Interface Signal Mapping" says each IPU has its own LCD RGB interface. As I understand some of pins for second RGB interface (DISP1) are shared with other components and they need to be configured to use as DISP1.

The question is can I use DISP1 and DISP0 in parallel for displaying different FullHD content on two monitors at the same time.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Yevhen

yes both DISP1 and DISP0 can be used in parallel

for displaying different content on two monitors at the same time,

one needs to set correctly iomux settings for these signals.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Yevhen

yes both DISP1 and DISP0 can be used in parallel

for displaying different content on two monitors at the same time,

one needs to set correctly iomux settings for these signals.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kirgene
Contributor II

Thanks!

I have two additional questions on this subject:

1) Is it possible to have 5 display interfaces working at the same time displaying different content:

HDMI

LVDS (2x)

RGB (2x)

On the other hand i.MX6 datasheet claims that processor support 4 simultaneously working displays at the same time.

What are the real capabilities?

2) And what software configuration should be done to enable second RGB interface?

0 Kudos