Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting i.MX6 slevk EVM with NFS

Jump to solution
dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi,

I built the images using 'bitbake core-image-minimal' and able to boot the EVM using SD Card. Now I am trying to boot the device using NFS.

But during the kernel boot, I was getting following errors:

*************************************************************************************************************

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) on device 0:12.

devtmpfs: mounted

Freeing unused kernel memory: 328K (80d13000 - 80d65000)

INIT: version 2.88 booting

Starting udev

udevd[124]: starting version 182

random: nonblocking pool is initialized

bootlogd: cannot allocate pseudo tty: No such file or directory

urandom start: failed.

Populating dev cache

/etc/rcS.d/S36udev-cache: line 33: /etc/udev-cache.tar.gz: Permission denied

/etc/rcS.d/S37populate-volatile.sh: line 56: /etc/volatile.cache.build: Permission denied

/etc/rcS.d/S37populate-volatile.sh: line 56: /etc/volatile.cache.build: Permission denied

/etc/rcS.d/S37populate-volatile.sh: line 86: /etc/volatile.cache.build: Permission denied

/etc/rcS.d/S37populate-volatile.sh: line 86: /etc/volatile.cache.build: Permission denied

/etc/rcS.d/S37populate-volatile.sh: line 33: /etc/volatile.cache.build: Permission denied

/etc/rcS.d/S37populate-volatile.sh: line 33: /etc/volatile.cache.build: Permission denied

ln: /etc/resolv.conf: Permission denied

Tue Aug  4 10:34:42 UTC 2015

INIT: Entering runlevel: 5

Configuring network interfaces... ifup skipped for nfsroot interface eth0

run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/nfsroot exited with code 1

Could not create /var/lib/dbus/machine-id.jUjbYd4v: Permission denied

Starting system message bus: dbus.

Starting syslogd/klogd: done

Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 1.7 imx6slevk /dev/ttymxc0

imx6slevk login: root

Password:

Login incorrect

*************************************************************************************************************

The host PC is configured properly for NFS Server.

And the weird thing was, on login prompt when I entered username 'root', it was asking for the password. I am not able to understand why this is happening?

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Dhaval

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
brucesun
Contributor III

Hi Dhaval,

I got the same problem with NFS boot. I added "no_root_squash" to host file /etc/exports. It works for me.

Good luck.

Bruce

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
brucesun
Contributor III

Hi Dhaval,

I got the same problem with NFS boot. I added "no_root_squash" to host file /etc/exports. It works for me.

Good luck.

Bruce

0 Kudos
dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Bruce,

Thanks a lot for your help!That works for me too.. Can you please let me know, what does that option mean?

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos
brucesun
Contributor III

Hi Dhaval,

The is a good document about NFS permission problem. Please refer to 7. Troubleshooting section 7.4.

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos
dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Thanks Bruce.

0 Kudos
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I see the filesystem was successfully mounted via nfs.

However it seems Linux on the board is unable to access many (or even all) files so it even unable to check root password.

Please make sure that nfs server is configured properly. Please check the permissions, etc.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos