cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabreboard Auto USB port not detecting devices

jonathonreach
Contributor I

Hello All,

I have an interesting problem. I need to add USB devices to my sabreboard auto. It has one USB port but this USB port does not detect devices for some reason. My theory is that it is acting as a device and not as a host USB port. Would anyone know how to change this USB port to host mode? If my theory doesn't make sense would someone propose a different theory?

The curious part is that I had it working as a normal USB port before and attached 4 different devices to it. The problem was that I had copied the filesystem to the SD card without using sudo so all the permissions in the filesystem were messed up. This strangely corrupted filesystem treated the USB port like a normal USB port. Does anyone know how the filesystem could interfere with the USB port, I thought it would be the kernel doing this.

uboot-imx6qsabreauto_sd.imx

imx6q-sabreauto-avb.dtb

Kernel 3.10.17

Mate filesystem

Thanks!

Jonathon

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonathon,

Have you tried with the original Freescale BSP for L3.10.17 without modifications and with the proper copy permissions? The BSP should have support for USB Host either on Host-only and OTG USB ports.

Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos